National Sports Day, The Birth Anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand
National Sports Day Celebrations and Purpose
Some events are organized to appreciate many new sports player and give them awards & recognition. On this day, various matches are organized between Hockey Teams in the country. On this day, big sports awards like Arjun Award and Khel Ratna Awards are also distributed by India’s President to the sportsperson who have displayed extraordinary work during the year.
In 2018 Indian Cricket Captain, Virat Kohli was awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award on National sports day. On August 6, 2021 the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award was renamed as Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award.
National Sports Day 2022 Theme, Speech and Essay
National Sports Day Quotes in India
All of you who loves sports or who are part of some sports need motivation to work on their Goals. Here are some of the quotes by some of the top sportsman of India that will motivate you and give you enough power to accomplish your dream goal.
- Being a mother of two, if I can win a medal, so can you all. Don’t give up; take me as an example.” – Mary Kom.
- “Dreams define your individuality. They have the power to offer you wings and make you fly high.” – PV Sindhu.
- “People will throw stones at you; you turn them into milestones.” – Sachin Tendulkar.
- “One needs to plan accurately to be at the peak. Anyone can’t make the Mistake of reaching the peak or Olympics, a week earlier or a week later.” – Prakash Padukone.
- “Confidence or even pretending to be confident is essential. If you make an error but do not let your Opponent see what you are thinking, he may overlook the Mistake.” Viswanathan Anand.
- “One of the excitement of playing at the world’s top venues is to see the Indian flag go up whenever I’m participating. That’s enough motivation for any Indian to perform there.” – Sania Mirza.
- “I would not stop till I filled a bucket with my sweat. I would force myself so much that, in the end, I would collapse and have to be admitted to hospital; I would pray to God to save me and promise that I would be more careful in the future. And then I would do it all over again.” – Milkha Singh.